Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

News:
Dear visitors, please register to stay updated with the latest info on Task Se7en, Moznet and other products
Se7en Soft Forums « Task Se7en « Task Se7en Help & Support «  (Moderators: Tristan, Scott)Task Se7en and NetSupport
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Task Se7en and NetSupport  (Read 3630 times)
kensiko

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2010, 06:03:03 PM »

Hello,

I have been trying Task Se7en for many times now. There is still one thing that has not improved since first version: The ability for Task Se7en to get behind a fullscreen window like the main taskbar. Ultramon has no problem with that.

I think it would be easier for you to install NetSupport (there is a trial you can reinstall as many times as you want, a little bit stupid). You need 2 computers with at least 2 screens each at the same resolutions.

The problem appears in full-screen mode. If the Se7en taskbar was clicked last, when you press full screen, it will stay in front. Very annoying.

I found that to correct the issue, I had to click somewhere else, I think it works best when I click on the real Win7 taskbar.

Thanks for looking at this issue.
Tristan
Se7enSoft Developer, Designer
Administrator

Netherlands Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »

Thank you for the post, this will be looked into very soon. Wich version of Task Se7en are you using?

Tristan
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:13:22 PM by Tristan » Logged

kensiko

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 07:07:50 PM »

Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

United States United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 02:48:58 AM »

Hello,

I have been trying Task Se7en for many times now. There is still one thing that has not improved since first version: The ability for Task Se7en to get behind a fullscreen window like the main taskbar. Ultramon has no problem with that.

If you are referring to the publicly available build, then you are right. Fullscreen support isn't there. Please register with the site to become a beta tester and test drive the latest beta release where fullscreen applications are handled properly.

Best Regards,
Scott
kensiko

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 03:05:53 AM »

Isn't 1.9.9.51 the latest build Huh?
kensiko

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 03:21:27 AM »

Here is a screenshot, after clicking inside the window.

Resolution: 2048x1152 + 1680x1050
kensiko

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 02:30:36 PM »

I've been observing the taskbar problem for a few days now and I think I have found 2 ways to make the taskbar behind NetSupport everytime, but I'm still not sure, I will give some news soon.

This could help you if you want to resolve this issue.
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 10:28:16 PM »

I've been observing the taskbar problem for a few days now and I think I have found 2 ways to make the taskbar behind NetSupport everytime, but I'm still not sure, I will give some news soon.

This could help you if you want to resolve this issue.

Keep us posted, please.

Best Regards,
Scott
joshbryan90

United Kingdom United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 02:24:44 PM »

Just discovered the minimize and restore effects, SO COOL!

I think the native taskbar should have this to be honest it's a shame it doesn't.

Apart from that just waiting for the next release so I can have transparency.

Keep it up! Smiley

Prenatal Excavation Of Diseased Ovarian Atrocity, Demonstrating The Necessity For Extreme Prejudicial Infanticide Within The Vomit Filled Womb.
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 01:57:43 AM »

Just discovered the minimize and restore effects, SO COOL!

Thank you. Took a bit of work to implement but, was well worth it.

I think the native taskbar should have this to be honest it's a shame it doesn't.
My thoughts exactly.

Best Regards,
Scott

kensiko

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 07:58:47 PM »

Hello,

I have just upgraded to 1.9.9.62, the behavior of the taskbar is the same.

As promised, I wanted to inform you of my founding.

It's all about the small window in front of the NetSupport viewing window. I have to click it to bring focus to it. Task Se7en is on top when I click on a window that is present on the taskbar and that I press full screen in NetSupport. To remove Task Se7ven from being on top, I have to click on it once, then press full screen, then click on the small window of NetSupport. I sometimes have to do it twice, but rarely.
kensiko

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 09:51:59 PM »

Oh I would like to add that with version 1.9.9.62, the problem seems to appear only once by NetSupport session.

I don't know if the fact that I run the program as administrator changes something.
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 01:31:13 AM »

Oh I would like to add that with version 1.9.9.62, the problem seems to appear only once by NetSupport session.

I don't know if the fact that I run the program as administrator changes something.

Thanks for keeping us informed as you said you would. I'll see if I can add a feature to allow you to set the z-index of the taskbar or similar to help combat your issue.

Best Regards,
Scott
kensiko

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »

I would like to confirm that the problem has not appeared since the last time. It seems to not only appear once by NetSupport session, but also only once by Windows session. I'll confirm when I'll reboot (which I don't do that much).
kensiko

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 10:08:57 PM »

Ok definitely, Task Se7en 1.9.9.65 is worse to deal with NetSupport than 1.9.9.62. It's in fact the same behavior as in 1.9.9.51
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: