Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

News:
Dear visitors, please register to stay updated with the latest info on Task Se7en, Moznet and other products
Se7en Soft Forums « Task Se7en « Task Se7en Help & Support «  (Moderators: Tristan, Scott) Task Se7en 1.9.9.3 Feedback
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Task Se7en 1.9.9.3 Feedback  (Read 4665 times)
reggie14

Awards:
Donor Award

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2010, 05:22:39 AM »

I just installed v1.9.9.3.  As with v1.9.9.2, I had problems running it after I first installed it.  The first time I ran it, Windows immediately reported that it crashed.  The second time I ran it, it froze at the startup splash screen.  Then I removed all the windows on the secondary monitor, tried again, and it started fine.  I tried to submit startup and/or error logs, but Task Se7en said that it didn't have anything in either one.

Also, I noticed Task Se7en crashes Explorer every time I close task se7en.  Again, that doesn't seem to put anything in the logs.

I'm running Task Se7en on a Win7 Pro x64 machine (English).
johnoz
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

Australia Australia

Awards:
Donor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 11:14:51 AM »

I had the same installation/starting issues as reggie14 but I fixed them by uninstalling the taskbar completely and reinstalling.  No log unfortunately as I had to install and start before turning logging on.

The only other issue I've noticed so far is that I selected "start with windows" which worked after the first restart but not after the second.  I've checked it again now so we'll see if it stays this time.
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

United States United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:25:51 PM »

I'm in the process of re-installing Windows 7 in vmware (x86 Ult. edition). I'm doing everything I can to fix these startup issues as quickly as I can but, due to the complicated nature of Task Se7en this is proving difficult to do all at one time.

Hopefully, I'll have these issues taken care of by the end of the weekend if not sooner. Those of you that opted in for the logging build will be contacted about testing a private build on Sunday, 04/26/2010.

Best Regards,
Scott

EDIT: Preliminary results - The first time Task Se7en runs after installation it will crash. After being restarted it seems to work just fine. I'm working on fixing the problem resulting in a crash on first run now and will repost the installer in about an hour.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:53:58 PM by Scott » Logged
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »

Pertains To:
                       [Build 1.9.9.3]

I have fixed a bug with starting Task Se7en the first time after installation.
A new installer has been posted on the web site.

This release does not fix any issues aside from the one stated.

Best Regards,
Scott
johnoz
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

Australia Australia

Awards:
Donor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 08:15:20 AM »

Ran the new installer and it seems to work fine.

The tick for automatically start with windows disappears after the first restart.

Are there any tests in particular you would like us to run ?
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 06:00:50 PM »

Are there any tests in particular you would like us to run ?

For the most part we would like to know how its performing, of any crashes (obviously) and startup logs to ensure its starting up properly (even if its running just fine).

Best Regards,
Scott
Razor_alpha
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 09:19:24 AM »

Unfortunatelly it's only usable to take away some ram and space from the another desktop, it doesn't takes away any windows from the first display, the windows disappears from the first one but it won't show up on the second, if I close T7 it wont goes back to the first so virtually I'm loosing a window in the middle of nowhere (there is in alt tab but it will never be back to standard taskbar).

PS.: Windows Media Player Classic Home Cinema has overlay icons and proggress bar, it worth testing. If we can test it Smiley
PS.: Live Messenger and GMail notifier don't kills T7 now, BTW it doesn't appears on 2nd monitor (cos' nothing appears on it) Smiley
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 05:18:43 PM »

Unfortunatelly it's only usable to take away some ram and space from the another desktop, it doesn't takes away any windows from the first display, the windows disappears from the first one but it won't show up on the second, if I close T7 it wont goes back to the first so virtually I'm loosing a window in the middle of nowhere (there is in alt tab but it will never be back to standard taskbar).
I'll dig into whatever issue may be causing this asap.

PS.: Live Messenger and GMail notifier don't kills T7 now, BTW it doesn't appears on 2nd monitor (cos' nothing appears on it) Smiley

I added the hidden window that Live Messenger uses to an exclusion list so it won't appear on the Task Se7en task bar.

Best Regards,
Scott
Thor
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

Awards:
Donor Award

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 09:56:03 AM »

heya,

Just installed 1.9.9.3...

The first time I ran it after the install it hung on the splash screen... i waited about a minute before i ended the task.
The second time i started it up and it come up straight away.... so i don't know what happened the first time around.

Looks like most of the issues i was having with the small icons option and the peak loop have been fixed... i'll keep testing and let you know how it goes.

Thor
Thor
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

Awards:
Donor Award

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 05:05:10 AM »

Found a bug with outlook..
If i open outlook on the monitor with T7 then open a calendar..... .. there will be 2 icons for outlook.
when i close outlook... one of the icons will say on T7.. and be useless... its not associated with any open windows
johnoz
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

Australia Australia

Awards:
Donor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 02:48:25 PM »

I'm still getting the .Net exception errors that were occurring in the previous version.  It doesn't seem to be generating an error log and I don't have the info from the screen shots at the moment.  Will post the next time I can get that info.

Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 04:02:09 PM »

Found a bug with outlook..
If i open outlook on the monitor with T7 then open a calendar..... .. there will be 2 icons for outlook.
when i close outlook... one of the icons will say on T7.. and be useless... its not associated with any open windows

Thanks for the heads up, Thor.
I'll install office and check that out later today.

EDIT: I've installed office 2007/outlook and am not able to reproduce the 2nd button with a calendar - unless I'm just not doing something *correctly* as I do not use outlook for anything (See screen shot below). Can you post the steps to reproduce this issue?

Best Regards,
Scott

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 05:06:43 PM by Scott » Logged
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 04:03:37 PM »

I'm still getting the .Net exception errors that were occurring in the previous version.  It doesn't seem to be generating an error log and I don't have the info from the screen shots at the moment.  Will post the next time I can get that info.

We're still looking into issues that may cause a .net exception and will update the release as we get them patched up. I've found a few small bugs with error logging that may prevent it from working properly at times - this will be fixed in the next release.

Best Regards,
Scott
Razor_alpha
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 02:27:01 AM »

I added the hidden window that Live Messenger uses to an exclusion list so it won't appear on the Task Se7en task bar.
It's nice, but I can't see anything at all on second taskbar not a single notepad or something. Smiley
Thor
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

Awards:
Donor Award

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 02:49:22 AM »

EDIT: I've installed office 2007/outlook and am not able to reproduce the 2nd button with a calendar - unless I'm just not doing something *correctly* as I do not use outlook for anything (See screen shot below). Can you post the steps to reproduce this issue?

Um.. I'm using Outlook 2007.... and I'm opening a Public Calendar.. it looks like your just opening the standard users calendar... that's about the only difference I can see.

Is there any info I can get you out of the logging to tell you more about to window? would I have some kind of unique id within outlook you can watch out for?

EDIT: ... Nope.. it definitely happens for any calendar I open, not just the public ones
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:54:29 AM by Thor » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: