Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

News:
Dear visitors, please register to stay updated with the latest info on Task Se7en, Moznet and other products
Se7en Soft Forums « Task Se7en « Task Se7en Help & Support «  (Moderators: Tristan, Scott)Private BETA Feedback
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Private BETA Feedback  (Read 4602 times)
Thor
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

Awards:
Donor Award

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2010, 12:17:31 AM »

Now that the patch has x64 licked, Here's some of my initial thoughts....
I've looked around and cant see to find a way of changing this stuff... but that doesn't mean you cant, i might just be missing something.

1) Task7 Users the big icon option... and i cant see any way of changing it.... i assume thats something in the control panel, but i thought i'd mention it

2) Window Title in Aero-Peak..... on my main monitor with the normal task bar above the thumbnail i get the name of the window and the icon.... in task7 when you peak all you get is the thumbnail.

3) the task7 taskbar is much brighter, and much more transparent than the default one. becuase the task 7 bar is a lighter blue than my windows taskbar on the main screen, on the task7 bar the white writing on each button is harder to read.... also if the window you are looking at in aero-peak is white (ie Pigeon Messenger) its really hard to make out whats on the peak screen

Can we get a way to select the color and transparency in the control panel?

I'll let you know if i come across anything else :-)

Keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 12:34:06 AM by Thor » Logged
Thor
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

Awards:
Donor Award

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:33:29 AM »

Hey Guys....
I've come across another funny bug when using Outlook 2007 (not sure if it affects other versions)

Basically when you open then close an email in outlook... the button for the email you just opened never goes away
if you open 2 or more emails at the same time... when you close them all you will end up with an extra button that doesn't go away.

Description / steps to replicate

1) I open outlook on my second monitor, everything looks fine, the button on the task bar appears.
2) I double click on an email to open it up.... the email opens and an additional button appears on the task bar.
3) I close the email.... the email closes BUT the button on the task bar never goes away.

EDIT:
I just noticed... once this problem occurs.. untill you close outlook to get rid of the extra icon... all your tumbnails show 2 images.... eg.. i mouse over Opera Brower... and see the opera thumbnail and my pigeon buddy list, i mouse oevr pigeon buddy list and see that with a chat window behind it... really wierd
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 06:37:25 AM by Thor » Logged
Thor
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

Awards:
Donor Award

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 10:37:26 PM »

Heya,

Still using Task Se7en and im glad to say its working quite well for me most of the time  Grin

I do have another bug for you tho  :Smiley

On my work pc (x64 Pro) when i finish for the day I will close down all my apps and then lock the pc, leaving it running over night to sync files on the network and run virus scans etc.

The last 2 mornings when i've come back into work, the Task Se7en task bar on the secondary monitor has doubled in size... (looks like it can hold 2 rows of buttons) It will seems to work ok, its just using up too much of the screen
Also the app doesn't seem to realise thats it two rows high, so when you maximise a window... the bottom of it is under the top row of the task bar.

I've attached a pic

- Thor
reggie14

Awards:
Donor Award

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 01:16:01 AM »

I agree, this beta has been working quite well for me.

I quickly noticed the lack of titles when using their version of Aero Peek. I think that is a must-have feature.  It's quite difficult to pick the correct window without having titles.

So far the only issue I've run into is with iTunes.  For some reason iTunes always appears on the primary monitor's taskbar.  That's the only application I've run into that won't move over to the other Task Se7en taskbar.
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

United States United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 04:54:59 AM »

I've just posted an updated release under the current releases.

The taskbar color issue is being worked on and still isn't quite right but, I did put a workaround in to solve the issue at least temporarily. Also, we're still working on the thumbnail window so you should expect titles to be in one of the next updates.

EDIT: Taskbar color issue has been tackled in my current, internal build - reference
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:45:31 PM by Scott » Logged
Thor
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

Awards:
Donor Award

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 05:55:34 AM »

Thanks Scott,

Love the small icons :-) makes a huge difference.
Also what ever you did to the taskbar color... while its still not the quite the right color... everything is much easier to see and read so your half way there anyway :-)

At the moment T7 doesn't seem to save my preferences when it exists and restarts, so every time i open it up i need to select: small icons, never combine, leave buttons on native.  would be great if you could get that working soon.

thanks again for the small icons!
Tristan
Se7enSoft Developer, Designer
Administrator

Netherlands Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 12:33:18 PM »

thanks again for the small icons!

No problem  Wink Wasn't hard writing them  Grin

Tristan
Administrator

Netherlands Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 12:59:51 PM »

I quickly noticed the lack of titles when using their version of Aero Peek. I think that is a must-have feature.  It's quite difficult to pick the correct window without having titles.

The next update will have the titles, (See Attached screenshot)

Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 03:43:29 PM »

At the moment T7 doesn't seem to save my preferences when it exists and restarts, so every time i open it up i need to select: small icons, never combine, leave buttons on native.  would be great if you could get that working soon.

I'm aware of the preference saving issue and will have it fixed in the next release. Very simple fix.

Best Regards,
Scott
reggie14

Awards:
Donor Award

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »

The next update will have the titles, (See Attached screenshot)

Woohoo!   That's great news.

Did you see my other comment on iTunes not moving to the Task Se7en taskbar?  It appears like any Window that doesn't use the "standard" MS Windows windowing scheme won't move to the secondary taskbar.  I'm probably not using the correct term, but basically windows with title bars that don't look like the explorer title bar won't move over the secondary taskbar.  SageTV, a DVR application written in java, doesn't move to the secondary taskbar either.  I'm not sure there's anything you can do about that though.  Luckily most applications don't have this problem.
Tristan
Administrator

Netherlands Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 09:34:34 PM »

It appears like any Window that doesn't use the "standard" MS Windows windowing scheme won't move to the secondary taskbar. 

we're well aware of this issue and working on a fix as we speak. i will keep everybody informed on our progress

Thor
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

Awards:
Donor Award

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 11:25:49 PM »

Hey Again   Grin found bug in your peak functionality... but i think it will be easy to fix :Smiley

Win7: when you hover over a button you get the aero peak window if you click on the tumbnail in aero peak, the app comes to the front and aero peak closes... this is the same in T7

Win7: when you hover over a button you get the aero peak window if you click on the button (not the tumbnail) the app comes to the front and aero peak closes... in T7 however the aeropeak window stays up until you move your mouse away from the button/peak window

win7: If you go to your task bar and quickly click a button, the app comes to the front, and you can leave your cursor on the button for a month if you want and the aeropeak will never appear untill you mouse off the button and then back on.... in T7 however even once you've clicked the button the peak window will always pop up again   (This one is doubly more annoying when the Never Combine option is used)

Win7: you use aeropeak and click onto a thumbnail... the window opens, if you peak onto the same button and click on the same window.... nothing happens (ie.. the window stays visible) ..... in T7 if you do this... the second time you click the tumbnail the window gets minimised
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:45:50 AM by Thor » Logged
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 01:15:40 AM »

Thank you for pointing those out. We'll do what we can to adjust the behavior in T7.

Best Regards,
Scott
Tristan
Administrator

Netherlands Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 10:58:29 AM »

Win7: when you hover over a button you get the aero peak window if you click on the button (not the tumbnail) the app comes to the front and aero peak closes... in T7 however the aeropeak window stays up until you move your mouse away from the button/peak window
Fixed

win7: If you go to your task bar and quickly click a button, the app comes to the front, and you can leave your cursor on the button for a month if you want and the aeropeak will never appear untill you mouse off the button and then back on.... in T7 however even once you've clicked the button the peak window will always pop up again   (This one is doubly more annoying when the Never Combine option is used)
Fixed

Win7: you use aeropeak and click onto a thumbnail... the window opens, if you peak onto the same button and click on the same window.... nothing happens (ie.. the window stays visible) ..... in T7 if you do this... the second time you click the tumbnail the window gets minimised
Fixed

Thor
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

Awards:
Donor Award

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 01:09:37 AM »

love your work!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: