Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

News:
Dear visitors, please register to stay updated with the latest info on Task Se7en, Moznet and other products
Se7en Soft Forums « Task Se7en « Task Se7en News & Announcements «  (Moderators: Tristan, Scott)Translators Wanted
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Translators Wanted  (Read 4343 times)
Tristan
Se7enSoft Developer, Designer
Administrator

Netherlands Netherlands

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »

Hi Everyone,

As we're coming closer to the Release of T7 RTM we're looking for people willing to translate Task Se7en to their native language.

Languages we have covered so far :

English (Default)
Dutch
Danish
Finnish
French (Canadian)
German
Portugese
Spanish (Mexican)

If you're willing to help out on translation, please Send me (Tristan) or Scott a message containing your Native Language and some contact info.

Those that are interested will be sent a small application to help with translating. No direct editing of text files will be required.

Download translation application

Translators whose translations are accepted and used will receive a free TaskSe7en Pro licence

Thanks in Advance,
Scott & Tristan

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:51:01 AM by Scott » Logged

Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

United States United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 06:27:21 PM »

A small, GUI based application will be available, shortly for those that have expressed interest in translating Task Se7en to their native language. It will also be available for anyone that wants to do the same for either themselves or to share with others.

This application will be available for download by the end of the day, today (10/14/2009).
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 05:28:33 AM »

For those of you doing translations for us, or anyone else that would like to translate the upcoming Task Se7en release to their language, this application is for you.

Attached to this post you will find a small program that will help you to acquire and translate the text strings for the next T7 release. This application requires an active internet connection as it needs to connect to our servers in order to get the language files. This  makes it easier to keep your/our language files up to date as we continue to create and improve upon Task Se7en.

Please report any issues you might have with this application.

Thank you and best regards,
Scott
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:19:27 AM by Scott » Logged
faucun0
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 06:09:27 AM »

I'm a french native speaker, I can do that for ya. email is dsuares@live.fr
faucun0
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 06:45:18 AM »

If I translate, I don't get a free copy of se7en in my language right?
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 03:21:58 AM »

The application translator has been updated and attached to my original post. Those of you that have downloaded the previous version are advised to update to this new release. There have been a few changes made to the language template that this version uses so you may need to rebuild your translation. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Best Regards,
Scott Michaels
Tristan
Se7enSoft Developer, Designer
Administrator

Netherlands Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 09:34:21 AM »

If I translate, I don't get a free copy of se7en in my language right?

Yes you will  Cool

EDITED BY SCOTT: As long as the translation is accurate, fully completed and used by Task Se7en. We won't give a license away for everyone that does a translation. If that were the case I believe everyone that downloads Task Se7en would become a translator just for the license.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 05:18:59 PM by Scott » Logged

Razor_alpha
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 06:54:09 PM »

I'm working on a Hungarian version, but I have the following issue with the translator, nearly the half of the strings can't be saved.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:20:00 PM by Razor_alpha » Logged
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 07:24:51 PM »

.. nearly the half of the strings can't be saved.

I've noticed that sometimes it takes a double save to make sure it sticks.. I'll be looking into this issue later today.
Razor_alpha
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 11:48:44 AM »

I mean it doesn't adds the translation .. doesn't appear in the list of current translations .. and again ..and again..
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 07:20:29 PM »

I mean it doesn't adds the translation .. doesn't appear in the list of current translations

I am unable to reproduce this issue.
Can you send/list your system specs? It may be an x64 issue if you are running Windows 7 64-bit. If this is the case I will create two versions: one for x86 and another for x64.
Razor_alpha
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 07:44:31 PM »

I am unable to reproduce this issue.
Can you send/list your system specs? It may be an x64 issue if you are running Windows 7 64-bit. If this is the case I will create two versions: one for x86 and another for x64.
Yes it's a x64 one.
I'm using a Windows 7 7600 64 bit Professional version (7100 updated with a modded registry and a modded RTM install disc)
Sys:
MSI Ex600:
intel centrino core 2 duo 1.6Ghz
4 GB ram
320 GB winchester
and a GeForce 8400 M
Mon1:15.4
Mon2:19 Wide

Update: The app has a little problem with the conversion of older language files. The program asks that i want or don't want to convert it - I can choose both ... It dies with a kilometer long exception.http://hamsterz.hu/issue2.txt
log^^
It can't find the C:\Temp\TEXT3.txt ...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:17:39 PM by Razor_alpha » Logged
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 01:21:26 AM »

It can't find the C:\Temp\TEXT3.txt ...

That's my fault.. left debug code in there   Sad  I'll fix it tonight if i get the chance and repost in the morning.

Thanks for the bug report
Scott Michaels

EDIT: Debug code removed and translator updated. The program should prompt you to update the next time it is ran. As far as the save issue goes.. I don't have the time to look into it at the moment. I would suggest double saving for the time being. As soon as I get the time to fix it I will.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 01:28:47 AM by Scott » Logged
Razor_alpha
TaskSe7en RTM Tester

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 01:47:00 AM »

I would suggest double saving for the time being.
I should debug your sugession too .. Smiley
I'm not having troubles  with saving it out to a *.lang file but with adding the translated lines to the "list", it doesn't give an exception but the string flies away ... if I try it again it will happen again, there are some lines that i can't add (f.e: all of the Done buttons ..) There are many .. I will try it on a x86, funny all my PC is running Win 64bit, and the translator doesn't like the Ubuntu's wine Smiley
Scott
Imagineer - Developer
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 09:59:51 PM »

... and the translator doesn't like the Ubuntu's wine Smiley

This *MAY* be the cause of the problem, although I can't say for sure as I don't have a Linux machine setup at the moment...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: